CIOs, CTOs and other IT executives are increasingly concerned about the adaptation of their IT organization to the brand new ITaaS paradigm brought in by the cloud. If they want to enjoy the competitive benefits of cloud – Cost Savings and Accelerated Applications Delivery – they won’t have choice but to urgently adjust their IT operating model. The problem is the leading firms of the cloud industry – solution vendors and consulting businesses – are struggling and vying to reinvent the wheel in an effort to help them achieve that goal. They lack a systemic perspectice of cloud and fail to see that the IT organizational framework for the cloud already exists and has a name: DevOps.
Contrary to the widespread belief, DevOps is not confined to the software world; it is actually a complete system of people, processes, and tools supported by a set of principles mostly inherited from iterative and incremental software development methodologies which are coherently put together to ensure collaborative work, problem solving, and decision-making so as to accelerate applications delivery.
iCCTM (integrated Cloud Computing Transformation Methodology), the central topic of the book CLOUD COMPUTING: ADVANCED BUSINESS AND IT STRATEGIES is the Organizational Design Framework for implementing DevOps-Oriented IT Operating Model.
iCCTM draws on DevOps principles to offer the structure and coordination and decision-making mechanisms of an agile and lean IT organization; roles and responsibilities are clarified in areas as key as:
- IT Governance
- Line of Business
- Enterprise Architecture
- Project Management Office (PMO)
- Application Development
- IT Operations and Production
The DevOps Delivery Pipeline is implemented in the form of a lean project project portfolio while all DevOps recommended processes including Plan and Measure, Develop and Test, Release and Deploy as well as Monitor and Optimize are associaded with purposely selected best practices ranging from New Product Development (NPD) Voice of the Customer (VoC), Scrum Product and Sprint Backlogs to ITIL Change Management and Release and Deployment Management.
iCCTM is a flexible DevOps-Oriented IT Organization framework thought to adjust your IT operating model in a record time easily and manage resulting organizational and operational changes. iCCTM has helped several businesses migrate their IT to cloud in the Telecom and Consumer Service industries in technical environments as varies as Amazon AWS and VMware vCloud / vSphere.
Authentic Case Studies in the Telecommunication and Healthcare Industries
- Transforming HCSI IT Infrastructure into a High Impact IT Service Delivery Model. Projected benefits i.e., $15M in savings annually and Application Delivery Time accelerated by 2 months
- Transform Your IT Organization and Infrastructure to the New ITaaS Paradigm
CLOUD COMPUTING: ADVANCED BUSINESS AND IT STRATEGIES
Part III – The Integrated Cloud Computing Transition Methodology (iCCTM)
- Chapter 5 – The iCCTM Framework
- Chapter 6 – The Cloud Strategy Definition
- Chapter 7 – Definition of the IT Operating Model
- Chapter 8 – Defining the Service-Oriented Organization
- Chapter 9 – The Cloud-Enabled IT Capability Architecture Definition
- Chapter 10 – The Organizational Changes Deployment
Part IV – The Fundamental Case Study – Illustration of the iCCTM through a real-life case study
- Chapter 11 – The Apple Business Services (ABS) Case
- Chapter 12 – Defining ABS Cloud Strategy
- Chapter 13 – Restructuring ABS IT Operating Model
- Chapter 14 – Defining ABS Service-Oriented Organization
- Chapter 15 – Defining ABS Cloud Platform Architecture
- Chapter 16 – Deploying ABS Cloud and Organizational Changes
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to All
Copyright © Philippe Abdoulaye 2014. All rights reserved.